Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a very nice Valentine's Day at home. I've always cooked a 'fun' Halloween dinner, and sometimes a 'themed' April Fool's Day dinner, but I've never really done a special meal for Valentine's Day. I knew the kids would really get a kick out of it, so I did this year.

The centerpiece was just a chip-n-dip bowl filled with candy. Their cards were around it. The drink of choice was pink milk with heart shaped marshmallows.

I cooked up some heart-shaped pancakes on the griddle. After the first batch (trial and error) they got much easier and started looking good.

Simple breakfast... pancakes and sausage... but they did love the special touches. Even Erika thought it was cute and not corny :-)


The rest of the day was pretty nice. The weather warmed way up... like into the low 70's, so Paige, Blake and I took Dean down to their school playground. Of course, I forgot my camera, but Dean had oodles of fun going down slides while Paige and Blake played hide and seek around the area. Dean's such a little daredevil too... it was about his 4th slide down that he flipped onto his tummy half way down and soon learned it was much more fun that way.

I received a very nice card from the hubs... and some cutesy slippers since he noticed I'm always complaining of cold feet.

Hope everyone had a love-ly Valentine's Day surrounded by family.












No comments:

Post a Comment