Monday, January 10, 2011

Handmade Birthday Gift - Bella hat from Eclipse

One of Paige's friends has a late December birthday.  They're always hard, especially because money is usually tight right around that time.  She was having an "Eclipse" themed party (Team Jacob, of course) and I proposed that we make her a hat like one Bella wore in the movie.  It's this one, from the camping scene:


I found a crochet pattern online here and whipped it up in under 2 hours.  It came out pretty good, I think.  Here is Paige modeling it:



The ribbed brim should have been a little longer, but I was adjusting the size as I went for a child's head, so couldn't go as far down.  Paige said the BDay girl liked it, wore it while they all watched the movie, and then even did a "Hat Dance" during that scene.  When we wrapped it up, we included a print from the movie so she understood what she was getting.



Score for handmade gifts!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with this. I have no skill with a needle and will admit to envy of all who do :-). I hope you have a fantastic day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome hat! I just started crocheting hats and I its taking me a while to get good at it- so good work! And thanks for the link to the free pattern! I may try this one.

    ReplyDelete