Monday, January 10, 2011

Ridiculously Absent...

I haven't posted in over a month.  That's just plain pitiful, I know.  No excuse other than the typical ones... busy with family, with work, with the holidays, etc.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving even though we ALL passed around a yucky stomach bug the weekend before.  The week before Christmas we went to visit Mark's grandmother Lora in Snyder, TX.  It was a very nice visit and eased some of my roadtrip-with-kiddos-anxiety.  They did very well and really had a good time.

Christmas was just excellent.  I think everyone was really happy with everything.  I had a LONG list of handmade projects I was going to gift this year, but my sewing maching really started acting wonky the last few months so I started and failed many times.  I abandoned some, but still plan to complete others, but my handmade gift giving was a little limited this year.  I'll post what I did get done separately.

However, after hearing me lament about my crappy second-hand machine, Mark and the kids all decided to get me a new Janome sewing machine for Christmas.  I'm still in the 'playing with all the cool features' stage with it, but expect to be doing a lot more sewing soon.

All in all, all is well and I hope to have much more to post for this year.  My wonderful sister-in-law Kim went out with us one weekend to do some family pics for our Christmas cards.  We got some good ones.


I do hope everyone had a wonderful end to 2010 and is looking forward to great things to come in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment