Saturday, May 29, 2010

Guitar Cake

Had a friend ask me to make the cake for her daughter's birthday... and she wanted a guitar.

I could have just done a sheet cake and laid a frozen buttercream transfer of a guitar on top... I'm familiar with that process. But, no, she really wanted a guitar. I'd never done a 'sculpted' cake before, but was certainly willing to give it a try.

It was SO not perfect but I was actually pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out.

The girls were all supposed to dress like a rock star... I didn't really get a good picture of Paige before the party, but I channeled my inner 80's girl to make her an off the shoulder, side-tie rocker chick shirt. Here she is on the left with her back to the camera...


And here she is with a few friends:


Apparently they all stayed up until 4 AM, woke around 10 AM and had waffles covered with maple syrup, chocolate syrup and whipped cream! She had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment